It is with great pleasure and a wonderful sense of anticipation that I write to you for this, the first time in 2014. I trust that your Christmas season has been a real blessing and that you have had the opportunity to rest, relax and recuperate – but most importantly, to enjoy the blessing of unstructured time to be with family and friends and do the things you want to do.
A special word of welcome to all of our new families who will be joining. We look forward to forging strong and lasting relationships with you as together we support your children on their life-journey at Kinder College.
To our existing families, we look forward to welcoming you back to a new chapter in the lives of your children – one in which we trust that they will continue to grow in knowledge, and in Christ and His plan for their lives.
As we begin 2014 I thought it would be worthwhile to spend a little time reviewing where we have come from as a platform for what you would like to see your children achieve this year.
2014 Kinder College reaching and achieving a number of milestones:
We have developed a strong reputation for Christ-centered, pastoral care and firm behaviour management. This is based on strong, resilient teacher-pupil relationships and provides us with the capacity to provide your children with a positive, encouraging learning environment under-pinned by high expectations of each student to achieve to the best of his or her abilities.
Our dedicated Staff has put in many hours of Professional Learning, planning and preparation for the new Leer met Lus” curriculum.
‘”Given the enormous effort that our teachers put into these additional co-curricular programmes, I feel encouraged to focus your attention on his comments once again as your children gear up for the new year.
Good goals ensure significant, incremental change throughout the year. The setting and achievement of meaningful goals is a life habit that can only benefit your child in their future lives!
If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to contact the Kinder College. We believe that it is critically important for your child’s educational and milestones achievement is an experience that they have a sense that a positive, healthy relationship exists between their parents and the Kinder College. This provides them with a sense of security which is a foundation for good learning!
I look forward to seeing you around the Kinder College in the weeks to come and wish you every blessing in the year ahead.
We have provided a few suggestions for assisting your child during this time. Remember the preschool staff will be available to provide support and assistance; making your child’s first school days happy days.
- Prepare your child for the new school experience by explaining what to expect. Answer all questions directly and honestly.
- Convey a positive attitude. Young children are aware of your feelings. Your enthusiasm will assure the child that school can be a fun and exciting place.
- Establish a routine involving both the night before a school day as well as morning preparation. Rituals and routines will add predictability and are comforting in unfamiliar situations.
- Clearly state to your child where you will be and when you will return. It may also be helpful to discuss what will happen when you are reunited.
- Maintain a clear good-bye routine. This may include warning the child you are leaving in 3 minutes, a kiss and hug, or a wave from the window. Once you tell your child you are leaving, it is important to follow through. Extending the good-bye with, “Ok just one more kiss, and then I really have to go” tends to heighten anxiety rather than relieve it. Avoid sneaking out, as this seems to encourage children to become less trusting and makes the second day of school even harder.
Again, please know we are here to help make the first day of school a happy transition and we look forward to an exciting and fun year. Welcome!